Briefly explain different types of security services.
|Subject||Computer and Network Security|
|NU Year||Set: 1.(c) Marks: 5 Year: 2014|
- AUTHENTICATION: The assurance that the communicating entity is the one that it claims to be.
- Peer Entity Authentication: Used in association with a logical connection to provide confidence in the identity of the entities connected.
- Data Origin Authentication: In a connectionless transfer, provides assurance that the source of received data is as claimed.
- ACCESS CONTROL: The prevention of unauthorized use of a resource (i.e., this service controls who can have access to a resource, under what conditions access can occur, and what those accessing the resource are)
- DATA CONFIDENTIALITY: The protection of data from unauthorized disclosure.
Connection Confidentiality:The protection of all user data on a connection.
Connectionless Confidentiality: The protection of all user data in a single data block
Selective-Field Confidentiality: The confidentiality of selected fields within the user
Data on a connection or in a single data block.
Traffic Flow Confidentiality: The protection of the information that might be
Derived from observation of traffic flows.
Login to post your comment.