|NU Year||Set: 1.(a) Marks: 5 Year: 2008|
A tree is said to be binary tree when,
1. A binary tree has a root node. It may not have any child nodes(0 child nodes, NULL tree).
2. A root node may have one or two child nodes. Each node forms a binary tree itself.
3. The number of child nodes cannot be more than two.
4. It has a unique path from the root to every other node
Skewed Binary Tree
- If a tree which is dominated by left child node or right child node is said to be a Skewed Binary Tree.
- In a skewed binary tree, all nodes except one have only one child node. The remaining node has no child.
- In a left skewed tree, most of the nodes have the left child without corresponding right child.
- In a right skewed tree, most of the nodes have the right child without corresponding left child.