Govt. Shaheed Suhrawardi College
The present Government Shahid Suhrawardy College was established on 11 November, 1949. At that time the name of this college was Kaed-E-Azam College. The Kaed-E-Azam College started its journey in a moisture building situated on the land of Vhaoalraz Estate at Nalgola (5/1, Zumman Bepari Lane). Immediate repair of the college was completed by the help of five thousand taka of the then District Magistrate. Later on, after buying the present land of 36-37, Laxsmibazar the college was shifted to it. The building of Nalgola was then turned into a hostel. The famous professor Mr. Syed Zahir Ahsan of Geography Department engaged in Bihar Provincial Service took the charge of The Principal as the first Principal of the college in 1950.
- Islamic History
- Political Science
- Social Work